UPMC Passavant Pavilion Addition
« Back to Current Projects
PJ Dick was hired by UPMC Passavant Hospital to construct a more functional, sustainable, and efficient campus and infrastructure plan. The revitalized master plan addresses expanded building footprints for clinical space, reserved open spaces, roof gardens, patient vistas, sustainable landscaping, patient and employee parking areas and a helipad.
The project adds nearly 200,000 sf of clinical area to the existing 500,000 sf facility. This 88-bed Tower Addition consists of a flagship Cancer Center utilizing the latest in patient treatment and care for both radiation and medical oncology, an emergency department expansion, surgery expansion for inpatient and outpatient surgery, PACU, an ICU and 3 floors of med/surg beds.
The project also includes upgrades to the Central Plant including a 30,000 sf expansion with a 4.5 MW emergency generator plant, and greatly improved boiler and chiller capacity. The entire addition is LEED Certified. The campus plan adds nearly 600 parking spaces, sustainable plantings and pervious pavement in designated traffic areas to minimize water runoff.
- Constructed in multiple phases, required to maintain hospital operations at all times
- Renovations of existing building will begin after the completion of the new addition
- 7-story, 188,000 sf Tower Addition
- Oncology Department expansion
- Emergency Department expansion
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery expansion
- LEED Certified